CUPE 15 Revised Bargaining Update - October 4, 2007
Vote dates were revised for CUPE 15 and 1004 members as Monday October 8th was a travel day for those with pre-existing Thanksgiving plans. Street level picketers complained that Thanksgiving preparations and family events would hinder members from fully reviewing the proposed settlement for a Monday vote. Tuesday voting is the result.
- Local 15 - Monday, October 8th & Tuesday October 9th - Croation Cultural Centre
- Approval Requires 50% + 1
- Local 391 - Tuesday, October 9th, - Central Library - Outside Tents
- Approval Requires 50% + 1
- Local 1004 - Tuesday, October 9th - Maritime Labour Centre
- Approval Requires 66%
- Metro Vancouver LRB - Tuesday October 10th
- Vancouver City Council -Wednesday October 10th
The mediator's recommendations for settlement, together with the Bargaining Committee's statement of approval or rejection will be available to pick up at the following locations:
- CUPE 15 Strike Headquarters - 1369 Kingsway, Vancouver (map)
- Saturday Oct. 6 - 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday Oct. 7 - 10:00am - 5:00pm
- CUPE 15 Office, 545 West 10th Avenue (map)
- Saturday Oct. 6 - 9:30am to 1:00 pm
CUPE 15 Bargaining Committee members will be available for informal meetings to discuss the recommendations as follows:
- Strike HQ @ 10:00am, 12:00 noon and 3:00pm
- CUPE 15 office @ 10:00am & 12:00 noon
- Strike HQ @ 10:00am & 12:00 noon
CUPE 1004 Bargaining Committee will hold information meetings.
Date: Sunday, October 7
Location: Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street (map)
- 9:00 am Boardroom #1
- 1:00 pm Auditorium
- 4:00 pm Auditorium
- 7:00 pm Auditorium
Voting will take place at 1004 Strike Headquarters - Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street entrance
Tuesday, October 9, 7 am to 7 pm
For further details, contact the 1004 Strike
Office at 604-253-5138 or visit the website
two informational meetings on Sunday and voting on Tuesday, October 9.
In addition, the Bargaining Committee will be visiting picket locations on Monday to answer your questions.
Sunday, October 7
Meeting #1: 10 a.m.
Meeting #2: 2 p.m.
Croatian Cultural Centre, 3250 Commercial Drive (map)
Tuesday, October 9
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Central Library, 350 West Georgia St.
There will be no pickets up at Central on Sunday, attending the informational meetings will count towards your picket time.
We will be activating our communications tree regarding these changes, however, if you know of any members who may not have received this message, please let them know.
If you have any questions, please speak to your Picket Captain.
NOTICE OF POLL - Revised (CUPE 15)
Voting on the settlement recommendations will take place on:
- Monday, Oct. 8 & Tuesday Oct. 9, 2007 at the Croation Cultural Centre
- 3250 Commercial Drive in Vancouver (map)
Polls will open at the conclusion of each meeting.
If you have already picked up a copy of the recommendations please bring it with you. Copies will also be available at the Croatian Cultural Center.
Monday, October 8th
- Meeting Begins: 9:00am Polls Close 11:30am
- Meeting Begins: 1:00pm Polls Close 3:30pm
- Meeting Begins: 4:00pm Polls Close 7:00pm
- Meeting Begins: 10:00am Polls Close: 12:30pm
- Meeting Begins: 2:00pm Polls Close: 4:00pm
Speculation Sweepstakes goes to: